European Patent – 07815184.2
US Patent – 9,704,411
This patent claims cover:
- The use of photogrammetry to measure the distance between the patient and the screen,
- The calculation of logMAR (an acuity measure) by software when knowing the distance of the patient and the size of the letters on the screen,
- The storing of words/paragraphs/sentences in an inventory from which they can be presented randomly so patients cannot become familiar with them,
- The display of words/sentences/paragraphs in a pop-up window for the operator (technician) and allowing the technician to select incorrect words after which the reading speed is automatically adjusted,
- And, the automatic calibration of distances when setting up the SRD.